Monday, May 18, 2015

Open A Dog Daycare

If you love the thought of working with dogs, a dog daycare could be the best business for you to start. There are many steps to opening a business, especially if you have no experience. Opening a dog daycare is an easier business to get off the ground, however, because you can start without a lot of overhead and equipment. As you grow, you'll want to expand and add additional services, but you can start small. I opened my first dog daycare with less than $1,000. In this article I will show you do the same.


Instructions


1. Find a location. In the city where I lived there was a lot of mill space. I found some space in one of the mills with low rent. It was just a big room where I could do the daycare.


2. Once you find the location, get insurance, a phone, cleaning supplies and most importantly, customers. If you are starting this business with little or no money like I did, you'll have to do some legwork to let people know you exist.


3. I opened the local phone book and made a list of every business that had my customers, but was not in competition with me. I made a list of all the vets, groomers, kennels, pet stores, shelters and pet photographers in the area and contacted them. I gave them coupons, flyers, business cards and brochures to hand out to their clients. I also took theirs to hand out to my clients.


4. As your business starts to grow you can add more services and products and improve the appearance if it needs it. As I stated earlier, there are many steps involved with opening a business and they cannot all be covered in one article. If you'd like additional help opening your dog daycare business, see Resources below.

Tags: made list, many steps, opening business